As the the title states I am an only child and I don't really remember a time when I felt like my family was great.  When I was a child my patents fought constantly, like yelling and screaming, namecalling fights.  Just a couple years ago when I got out of an abusive relationship, I began to realize that my dad was abusive.  My mom also began to comfide in me about my dad's latest transgressions, including the time he gave her a black eye.  I had encouraged her to leave and stand up for herself, but she never did.  Now my dad is filing for divorce because he can't live like this anymore, and he plans to move out of state.  I've encouraged my mom to get an attorney because I know how lost she is and can't handle this on her own.  She has no support network of friends and is very isolated.  Even the marriage counselor I had convinced them to go see did not discourage her from talking to me about their problems because she has no one else to talk to.  This whole thing has been a huge shock to me, as it appeared things were improving after they started going to counseling.  My closest friend doesn't understand why I'm struggling so much with this because I've vented about so many issues with my dad to them.  They say I should be happy they're finally divorcing but I'm anything but happy.